Super easy to make for yourself, or give as gifts especially when chocolate bars are on sale! I guess you can say this is a copycat version of Williams Sonoma famous chocolate peppermint bark… but being the cheap grad student I am, I’ve never had the authentic stuff so I can’t have an honest comparison :).
- 4 bars of Lindt Excellence 70% cocoa chocolate.
- 3 bars of Lindt White chocolate classic.
- 10 mini candy canes, crushed.
- Peppermint extract.
- Line a 9×13 baking tray with parchment paper, leave 1-2 inch each side.
- Bring about 2 inches of water in a medium saucepan to a boil and simmer.
- When the water is boiling, break/chop the dark chocolate into small pieces. Put the chunks in a medium glass/ metal bowl and set over the saucepan. Start stirring after a minute or two, scrape the side of the bowl frequently.
- Once all the dark chocolate has melted, add 1/4 teaspoon of the peppermint extract, stir to combine, then pour and spread the chocolate on the lined baking tray. You can just hold and angle the tray for the chocolate to spread itself – this way you would have a smooth surface. Put the the refrigerator to let the chocolate set.
- Meanwhile repeat step 3 but with the white chocolate. Add 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract, pour and spread on top of the (now set) dark chocolate. Sprinkle the crushed candy cane on top and let it set, an hour or so. Lift and break into pieces.