Recipe adjusted from TheKitchn with minor changes. I love this on a plate of basmati rice!
INGREDIENTS (serves 4… or 6 if you don’t have such a huge appetite like I do)
- 1 – 1.5 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2-3 tbsp minced garlic
- ~ 2in piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 bird’s eye chili/ chili powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomato
- 1/2 cup heavy cream/ coconut milk
- Fresh cilantro for garnishing
- Cut chicken thighs into bite-size, put in a slow cooker.
- Add everything except for heavy cream & cilantro, stir to combine. If you want, do this and marinate overnight, but this is not necessary.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Add the heavy cream/ coconut milk in for the last 20 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice and garnish with (lots of) chopped cilantro. Also be great with a side of steamed cauliflower/ broccoli for more veggie.