I’ve decided to keep a list of 101 things I’d like to do in the 1001 days after seeing the list from my yoga instructor’s blog. To me, this is a mix between a to-do list and a New Year’s Resolution – more time and less pressure. I mainly include smaller and more attainable goals, with a few medium challenges in there.
Start date: 03/14/2018 (because Pi Day), end date: 12/09/2020.
In Progress: 4
Health & Fitness
- Do a crow pose.
- Do a forearm stand (with or without wall).
- Do a flying pigeon pose.
- Run a 5K under 26.5 minutes.
- Run one Half marathon every year.
- Run a sub-2 half marathon.
- Run a race in costume.
- Practice split pose 2 mins every day for two weeks
- Try HIIT classes.
- Try indoor rock climbing (again).
- Do one chin up/ pull up / parallel grip chin up without assist.
- Take an aerial yoga class.
- Plank for 5 consecutive minutes.
- Do 35 consecutive pushups.
- Barbell squat my body weight.
- Run in Central Park.
- Try a hot yoga class
Food & cooking
- Go to a vegan restaurant.
- Bake a loaf of bread from scratch.
- Make mille crepe.
- Make croissants.
- Try 10 new recipes & blog about them. ####(Blueberry muffins)
- Brew my own beer.
- Check out 3 restaurants in the RTP area that are not in Durham. ###(Bartaco, Chapel Hill)
- BBQ-off among Blue Note, Backyard BBQ, and maybe Mavericks.
- Grow some indoor plant/ herb and try not to kill it.
- Make a (birthday-style) cake.
- Make homemade noodle.
- Organize/ host a potluck party.
Travel, Explore & Experience
- Visit 3 new US cities. ### (Seattle – March 2018)
- Check out the Lemur Center.
- Go to a drive in movie.
- Take a spontaneous weekend trip.
- Visit/ Explore a cave.
- Hike Grandfather Mountain.
- Go to a farmer’s market in a city other than Durham.
- Visit a new country.
- Tour a brewery.
- Visit 3 new museums.
- Go strawberry picking.
- Go camping.
- Visit the Outer Banks.
- Have a hammock date.
- Try kayaking.
- Try a pottery class.
- Go to a shooting range.
- Watch a sunrise.
- Visit an animal farm.
- Have a picnic at Duke Garden.
- See a Broadway musical.
- Attend a concert.
Family, Friends & Others
- Send 10 “just because” cards/ letters.
- Buy a meal for someone in need.
- Host some exchange – clothes, kitchen tools, books etc.
- Do a couple cooking class.
- Get digital photos of my grandparents.
- Send a care package.
- Make breakfast in bed for someone.
- Take my parents out on a date.
- Make something handmade, DIY for my nephews.
- Make a nice dinner for parents.
- Bring some baked goods to my department.
Self & other random things
- Come up with 101 things.
This is harder than I thought.
- Learn how to change a car tire.
- Learn how to drive a stick shift.
- Attempt to ride a bicycle.
Tried it when I was little and hated the feeling of imbalance. I’d like to give it another try.
- No plastic bags from stores for a month.
This doesn’t count the roll ones used to separate items. I think it would be too hard at least for now and for me to completely not use those.
- Reread the Harry Potter series.
- Get my ears pierced.
And don’t let them close like last time….
- Donate blood.
- Learn how to back a car into a parking spot.
- Watch 3 Academy Award winners that I’ve never seen.
- Buy a set of ao-dai and wear it out.
- Attempt to learn Spanish from Duolingo again.
- Teach Chloe to jump through my arm hoop.
- Ask 5 friends for their favorite books and read them all.
- Pay off my student loan.
- Carve a pumpkin.
- Paint something on canvas that I actually like and can keep.
- Donate my hair to Children with Hair Loss.
- Have my car washed every 3-4 months.
Open a savings account.(April 2018)
- Read 10 books. ###(Playing with Fire – Tess Gerritsen)
- Pay my phone bills regularly.
- Put $20 in my saving account for every goal I accomplish.
- Get reusable, microwaveable, freezer-friendly sandwich-sized bags to replace Ziploc bags.
- Learn Tableau.
- Get a RoadID bracelet.
- Learn SQL.
- Call my grandmother at least once a month.